YOUR NEW IPAD
Which iPad should you buy?
We consider your needs and your budget and help you make the right choice.
When your new iPad arrives, we manage the entire setup process.
Setup service is available in Los Angeles at your home or business, 7 days a week.
All you have to do is sit back and relax.
BUYING A NEW IPAD
Buying an iPad is a major decision. Prices range from $499 to $2,399, before AppleCare and taxes.
To complicate things further, Apple staggers iPad releases and technology upgrades in different models. Depending on the time of year, you may find a cheaper model is faster than a more expensive one.
With so many factors at play, it’s a good idea to get an expert opinion.
We look at:
- When To Buy – We keep a close eye on Apple news and rumors so we can advise you on the best time to buy.
- Which iPad – Do you buy an iPad, iPad Mini, iPad Air or iPad Pro? We know the factors you should consider.
- Screen Size – This varies from 8.3″ to 12.9″. Larger screens mean more weight. We help you find the right balance.
- Storage – iPads vary from 256GB to 2TB. Storage is expensive. Knowing what you need saves money.
- Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi and Cellular – Do you need cellular? It costs more and for many users it’s not necessary.
If this is your first iPad, it’s a good idea to watch this part of the setup process as it will help you understand some of the iPad’s basic functions. Even if you are a long-time user, you may pick up some good tips as the latest versions of iOS have many new features.
- Backup – If you’re moving from an old iPad, we may backup your data to a Mac or to the iCloud.
- Start-Up – Set Language, Region and connect to Wi-Fi.
- iPad iOS Updates – Install any updates.
- Touch ID or FaceID – Setup for client with option of adding more than one fingerprint.
- Passcode – Default option is six digit passcode, but this can be set to a 4 digit or alphanumeric code.
- Restore – Transfer data from an old iPad, or restore from a Mac or iCloud backup.
- Apple ID – Sign into Apple ID with two-step verification.
- Siri – Setup with client’s voice.
- Apple Pay – Setup if requested.
- Screen Time – Set time limits for younger family members.
- True-Tone Display – On or Off depending on client preferences.
- Choose Dark or Light Mode.
This is where we customize your iPad to make sure everything you need is at your fingertips. A comprehensive checklist ensures we hit every important area including some that other companies may miss. If you’re with us during the process, it’ll prompt questions that can help you get a more in-depth understanding of your new iPad.
- Check User ID – Ensure data matches primary user.
- iCloud Sync – Ensure iCloud settings match any local Mac and iPhone.
- Find My Mac – Turn on Find My Mac and ensure all local people, devices, and items can be located.
- Media & Purchases – Make sure purchasing account matches any local Mac or iPhone.
- Subscriptions – Check subscriptions. Cancel any that are not needed.
- Family Sharing – Setup new sharing based on family needs.
- Device Cleanup – Remove any unused devices from Apple ID profile.
- Cellular Data – Setup and activate Cellular account.
- Mail – Setup Mail accounts and preferences.
- Contacts, Calendar, Notes and Reminders – Check sync with other devices.
- Messages – Sign into Messages. Ensure iPhone connection and iCloud Message sync.
- FaceTime – Sign in to FaceTime. Ensure iPhone connection. Setup User ID and photo.
- Photos – Turn on Photos in the Cloud. Select ‘Download originals’ or ‘Optimized’.
- Media – Download and sign into streaming and subscription services.
- Music – Transfer music from Mac if required.
- Apps – Ensure client has all third-party Apps that they need and that they are working correctly.
- Control Center – Customize according to client needs.
- Focus – Create Focus profiles.
- Notifications – Customize to client preferences.
- iCloud Backup – Check Backup is functioning correctly.
- Bluetooth – Pair any bluetooth devices, eg; Apple Pencil, Apple Keyboard, etc.
- Demo – Any new features of latest iPad iOS.
- Disposal – Wipe old iPad. Recycling upon request.
No Problem Mac Provides Apple Macintosh, iPad, iPhone & Apple TV Support To The Following Communities