YOUR NEW IPAD
Which iPad should you buy?
We consider your needs and your budget to help you make the right choice.
When your new iPad arrives, we manage the entire setup process.
Setup service is available in Los Angeles at your home or business, 7 days a week.
All you have to do is sit back and relax.
BUYING A NEW IPAD
Buying an iPad is a major decision. Prices range from $499 to $2,399, before AppleCare+ and taxes.
To complicate things further, Apple staggers iPad releases and technology upgrades. Depending on the time of year, you may find a cheaper model is faster than a more expensive one.
With so many factors at play, it’s a good idea to get an expert opinion.
We look at:
- When To Buy – We keep a close eye on Apple news and rumors so we provide solid advice.
- Which iPad – Do you buy an iPad, iPad Mini, iPad Air or iPad Pro?
- Screen Size – This varies from 8.3″ to 12.9″. Larger screens mean more weight. We help you find the right balance.
- Storage – iPads vary from 256GB to 2TB. Storage is expensive. Knowing what you need saves money.
- Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi and Cellular – Do you need cellular? It costs more and for many users it’s not necessary.
If this is your first iPad, watching the setup process will help you understand some of the iPad’s basic functions, and even if you are a long-time user, you may pick up some tips as the latest versions of iOS have many new features.
- Backup – If you’re moving from an old iPad, we determine the best method to transfer your data..
- Start-Up – Set Language, Region, and connect to Wi-Fi.
- iPadOS Updates – Install any updates.
- Touch ID or FaceID – Set up for client with option of adding more than one fingerprint.
- Passcode – Default option is six digit passcode, but this can be set to a 4 digit or alphanumeric code.
- Restore – Transfer data from an old iPad using a Mac or iCloud backup.
- Apple ID – Sign into Apple ID with two-step verification.
- Siri – Set up with client’s voice.
- Apple Pay – Set up if requested.
- Screen Time – Set time limits for younger family members.
- True-Tone Display – On or Off depending on client preferences.
- Choose Dark or Light Mode.
This is where we customize your iPad to make sure everything you need is at your fingertips. A comprehensive checklist ensures we hit every important area including some that other companies may miss.
- Check User ID – Ensure data matches primary user.
- iCloud Sync – Ensure iCloud settings match any local Mac and iPhone.
- Find My Mac – Turn on Find My Mac and ensure all people, devices, and items can be located.
- Media & Purchases – Make sure purchasing account is the same on all devices.
- Subscriptions – Check subscriptions. Cancel any that are not needed.
- Family Sharing – Set up sharing based on family needs.
- Device Cleanup – Remove unused devices from Apple ID profile.
- Cellular Data – Set up and activate Cellular account.
- Mail – Set up Mail accounts and preferences.
- Contacts, Calendar, Notes and Reminders – Check sync with other devices.
- Messages – Sign into Messages. Ensure iPhone connection and iCloud Message sync.
- FaceTime – Sign in to FaceTime. Ensure iPhone connection. Setup User ID and photo.
- Photos – Turn on Photos in the Cloud. Select ‘Download originals’ or ‘Optimized’.
- Media – Download and sign into streaming and subscription services.
- Music – Transfer music from Mac if required.
- Apps – Ensure client has all third-party Apps that they need and that they are working correctly.
- Control Center – Customize according to client needs.
- Focus – Create Focus profiles.
- Notifications – Customize to client preferences.
- iCloud Backup – Check Backup is functioning correctly.
- Bluetooth – Pair any bluetooth devices, eg; Apple Pencil, Apple Keyboard, etc.
- Demo – Any new features of latest iPad and iPadOS.
- Disposal – Wipe old iPad. Recycling upon request.
No Problem Mac Provides Apple Macintosh, iPad, iPhone & Apple TV Support To The Following Communities