How To Save On A Mac
Saving on a Mac is a daunting task if you don’t understand how it works.
When I provide home support, clients tell me they have no idea where files* are going. They may as well be dropping them into a deep dark well with no idea how they’ll ever find them again.
* files refers to documents, PDFs, spreadsheets, images, etc.
NEED MAC SUPPORT?
CALL (310) 621-5679
FROM ANY STATE
CLICK FOR MORE INFORMATION
Keep It Simple?
We are going to look at the basic steps needed to save a file. It’s a simple method that covers most situations.
There are many more options I could discuss, but that . . . is for another day.
How To Save A File
When you first save a file use the following steps:
• Click File in the toolbar and choose ‘Save As . . .”
• In most cases you will be shown a dialog box that looks like this:
• Click ‘Where’ and you are offered a small number of save locations.
• This is compressed Save box with limited save locations to help users save time.
• To expand the options, click the down arrow.
• The full save dialog box opens and you can now save anywhere on the Mac.
• Here I am going to save my file under Bills > DMV > 2012
• Last, don’t forget to go to the Save As box at the top and give you file a name.
That’s it. Have great week.