How To Save On A Mac
Saving on a Mac is a daunting task if you don’t understand how it works.
When I provide home support, clients tell me they have no idea where files* are going. They may as well be dropping them into a deep dark well with no idea how they’ll ever find them again.
* files refers to documents, PDFs, spreadsheets, images, etc.
NEED MAC SUPPORT
CALL FROM ANY STATE
CLICK FOR INFORMATION NOW
Keep It Simple?
We are going to look at the basic steps needed to save a file. It’s a simple method that covers most situations.
There are many more options I could discuss, but that . . . is for another day.
How To Save A File
When you first save a file use the following steps:
• Click File in the toolbar and choose ‘Save As . . .”
• In most cases you will be shown a dialog box that looks like this:
• Click ‘Where’ and you are offered a small number of save locations.
• This is compressed Save box with limited save locations to help users save time.
• To expand the options, click the down arrow.
• The full save dialog box opens and you can now save anywhere on the Mac.
• Here I am going to save my file under Bills > DMV > 2012
• Last, don’t forget to go to the Save As box at the top and give you file a name.
That’s it. Have great week.