Apple’s next big release is the 14″ and 16″ MacBook Pro.
The MacBook Pro is undergoing a complete redesign to make it lighter, thinner, and faster than ever.
Expected this month, here’s a breakdown of current rumors:
Out With The New, In With The Old
In an extremely rare move for Apple, several much-loved features that had been removed will be put back in the new MacBook Pro.
- MagSafe Connector – This power cable connects magnetically to the MacBook. Yank it out accidentally and the cable disconnects without taking the MacBook with it.
- HDMI Port – Connect directly to a monitor without the need for an adaptor.
- SD Card Reader – Those little cards you use in your camera . . . if you have one.
- Function Keys – The OLED Touch Bar will be replaced with function keys.
MacBook Pro – New Features
- M1X Apple Silicon Chip – 10-core CPU with eight high-performance cores and two energy-efficient cores.
- GPU – 16-core or 32-core GPU options.
- Memory Options – Base 16GB. 32 and 64GB upgrades available.
- Mini LED Display – Recently introduced in the 12.9″ iPad Pro. Larger color gamut, better contrast, and wider dynamic range. Stronger black levels allow greater shadow detail.
- Larger Battery – The addition of a bigger battery combined with the energy efficiency of Apple’s M1X chip should provide an impressive boost to battery life.
- Camera – Current 720P camera will be replaced by one that supports 1080p true HD.
- Wi-Fi 6E – Wi-Fi 6 extended into the 6GHz band for better performance.
- macOS Monterey – The new M1X chip will be optimized for Apple’s next version of macOS. Check out the features of macOS Monterey on Apple’s website.
Apple generally announce new products on a Tuesday with pre-orders beginning shortly thereafter.
Analysts believe the new MacBook Pro will be in high demand and that availability may be restricted due to the pandemic.
If you want one I recommend ordering as soon as they are available.
Remember . . .
Other New Releases
Looking for more information on recent Apple releases, check out – New iMac, iPads, AirTags And More