macOS Sonoma arrives in less than a week. Check out the top 10 new features and learn if your Mac can upgrade.
macOS Sonoma Top 10 Features
1. Screen Savers & Desktop – Beautiful slow-motion screen savers from stunning locations around the world. As you log in, they seamlessly become your desktop wallpaper.
2. Desktop Widgets – Widgets come to the desktop. A new design lets you play music, start timers, etc. directly from the widget. You can also easily add iPhone widgets to your desktop.
3. Video Conferencing – With Presenter mode, your Mac screen floats in the background as a separate window that you stand in front of. You can move around and change your size within the frame.
4. Autocorrect – Improved through machine learning. Autocorrected words are underlined and can revert to the uncorrected original. Tap the spacebar to finish words or entire sentences.
5. Improved Notes – Store multiple PDFs with a single note. Link related notes. Move a note seamlessly to Pages where you can continue working on it.
6. Web Apps – Speed your ability to get to favorite sites by storing web pages in the dock.
7. Message Improvements – Find messages fast using multiple search filters. Click the catch-up arrow to jump to the first message you haven’t seen in a conversation. Share or request a location within a conversation. Access your Live Stickers and Memoji in a new sticker drawer.
8. Autofill – Improved Autofill lets you fill out PDFs and scanned documents.
9. Dictation – Use Dictation and the keyboard at the same time.
10. Lockdown Mode – Provides enhanced protection against sophisticated cyber attacks.
Other Features and Improvements
React With Hands – Share a unique reaction, like confetti, balloons, or hearts, just by making a hand gesture when you are on a FaceTime call.
Screen Sharing Picker – New dropdown option makes it easier to share multiple windows when screen-sharing using Apps like Zoom or Teams.
Safari Profile – Create unique browsing profiles for different users that allow unique history, favorites, and cookies.
Enhanced Private Browsing – Locks private browsing windows when you’re not using them, blocks known trackers, and removes tracking added to URLs.
Game Mode – Games get top priority on the CPU and GPU. Latency is dramatically reduced for increased responsiveness.
Who Can Upgrade?
The following Macs can upgrade to macOS Sonoma:
iMac 2019 and later, iMac Pro 2017, Mac Pro 2019 and later, Mac Studio 2022 and later, MacBook Air 2018 and later, Mac mini 2018 and later, MacBook Pro 2018 and later.
If you need help upgrading, please call us at (310) 621-5679.