Apple will update most of its products in 2023 and release some exciting new devices.
- 14″ and 16″ MacBook Pro with M2 Pro or M2 Max chip.
- Mac Mini with M2 or M2 Pro chip.
- New full-size HomePod (Speaker with Siri voice control)
After years of rumors and speculation, Apple are finally gearing up to release a Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality Headset this spring.
Expected features include:
- 2 micro OLED 4K displays (one for each eye)
- Biometric sensors for eye and face tracking.
- Up to 15 cameras for environmental detection and other biometrics (body and hand movement, etc.).
- Apple Silicon M2 Processor.
- Spatial audio.
- Discrete battery pack.
- New Operating System called xrOS.
The predicted price is in the $3,000 range.
The key to success here is compelling software and right now, it doesn’t exist. Meta, Sony, and Microsoft currently produce VR goggles and they have completely failed to create games or Apps that interest most consumers. If Apple fails to resolve this dilemma, there’s a possibility the whole thing will end in tears.
Spring should also see the arrival of a 27-inch 5K external display with a mini-LED panel that supports a wider dynamic range than the current Apple Studio Display. Expect a price in the $2,500 to $3,500 range.
- Mac Pro with M2 Ultra chip (1st quarter).
- MacBook Air 15.5″ with M2 or M2 Pro chip options (2nd quarter).
- iMac with M3 chip (4th quarter).
- iMac “Pro” with mini-LED display and M3 Pro or M3 Max chip options (4th quarter).
Seventh-generation iPad mini with new chip (4th quarter). Pro motion display for smoother scrolling. Increased storage. New colors. A16 or A17 processor.
iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro, and iPhone 15 Ultra (3rd quarter).USB-C replaces lightning port. Dynamic island for all models. Standard iPhones will have the A16 chip with Pro models using the more powerful A17. Pro models may have titanium body and periscope lens for improved zoom quality.
Apple Watch Series 9 (3rd quarter). Series 9 may adopt the flatter design style of the Apple Watch Ultra. S9 chip for better performance. Dual GPS system for better position tracking. Micro LED display. 5G for a stronger cellular connection.
AirPods Max – Second generation. USB-C (3rd quarter).
If you have questions before you buy, I can walk you through the various choices.