In Apple Mail, BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) lets you conceal the addressee of an email.
Ironically, it’s not that easy to find.
There’s no button on the toolbar and you won’t find it in any of the menus.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open Mail
- Click the icon to Compose New Message or choose New Message from the File Menu.
- Under the Subject field, on the far left-hand side is a button with several lines and a downward pointing triangle.
- Click this button to reveal 5 options:
- Cc Address Field – Adds a Carbon Copy field.
- Bcc Address Field – Adds a Blind Carbon Copy Field.
- Reply-to Address Field – This lets you specify a reply-to address that is different from the address you are sending from.
- Priority – This lets you mark a message as Low, Normal or High priority. The default setting is Normal.
- Customize – Clicking this will expand the address bar area to show all options. This lets you make several selections at the same time.
- Choose the option(s) that you want. Fields added will now be available in all new messages.
When you select an option it becomes checked. To de-select an option, simply choose it again and it becomes unchecked.
Hope you find this useful and that you are surviving Wednesday 🙂
If you have questions, please use the Comments section below.
Looking for a unique gift? – Give a Gift Certificate from No Problem Mac.